Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ringing in my Ears

I hear phones everywhere.  I am currently curled up in my fabulous (and newly Lindsay-fied) guest room and I swear to you, there are 4 angry agents, 2 producers and 3 late-for-audition actors trying to get my attention right now.

Three days into this job and all I hear are phones... everywhere.  They are haunting me.

The problem with the phones in the offices in which I work is that they ring at a very low volume.

So low that I imagine I am hearing them even when I am not.  So low that I have to carefully consider the blinking dot and analyze all the other blinking dots in the office to be sure I really do need to answer that call.

So low that when you accidentally confuse the blinking light for a call, when it is actually your boss on hold with the President of a major studio and you somehow inadvertently hang up on both of them, you feel like a doofus.

(Okay, so that didn't happen, but I came awfully stinking close.  Awwwwwwwfully stinking close.)

I think I might have nightmares about hostile phones with angry red lights tormenting me tonight. And constantly buzzing at a barely decipherable ring.

Brrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggggggggggggg.........


Wish me luck.

P.S. Is there a "Mastering Office Phones with 57 lines for Dummies" book available?  Perhaps I should start there...

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, you're hilarious - I have phantom phone syndrome with one phone, I can't imagine 50 going off

    ReplyDelete