Monday, May 23, 2011

As We Go On...

One month ago I was lazily (ha!) churning through my 15 hours, internship and job hunt.  (To be quite honest, nothing in my life has been lazy for months, which is why I slept till 11:30 today.)

Anyway, today, life is just like "wham."

If you graduated two days ago as I did, then I trust you know what I mean.
(A big old thank you to my friend C-WOWW for this photo.  This pic contains 50% of my fabulous roommates, (Freshman and Sophomore years) and they mean so much to me.  Plus, the picture is just neato.  I feel like it needs to be rolling across the credits of some film containing a graduation scene.  Maybe?)

Graduations (especially college ones) bring with them so many conflicting emotions.  There is an incredible amount of joy and excitement for what is to come and what has already been accomplished, but underlying these feelings are the stabbing realizations of change and distance.

This rollercoaster of emotions is only heightened when you insist on sleeping only 3 hours a night, like I've been doing as of late.

I wish I could play music as you read this because the song would totally be "Bittersweet Symphony."  (Not just for the title, I'm not that superficial, but the strings melody is just so incredibly... well, bittersweet.  Okay, maybe I am...)

There is no way I could contain in one blog post the emotions or feeling I have about this momentous occasion, so I'm going to just post some pictures.  I know that if you are on Facebook you've probably seen these 300 times, so feel free to skip over them.  (Also, my camera battery literally just died.  So I stole most of these photos off FB.  Sorry Janers and Larn.)

To those featured:  You all have enriched my life and blessed me daily in ways you don't even know.  Four years ago I couldn't have imagined that the friendships I formed in college would be so incredibly deep, real and eternal. Never have I experienced the kind of encouragement, support and love I have seen from all of you in a group of friends.  You are all incredible, beautiful people and I truly believe you will change the world in all that you do.  Thanks for an amazing ride.









Love you all more than you know.



P.S. Stay tuned tomorrow for a recap of our Austin Week of Fun!

And then we can all just cry more...

No comments:

Post a Comment