Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Great Aspirations

I'm a dreamer.  I like things to be perfect, and bright and sunny.

I am also incredibly blessed, because for 22 years the world hasn't taken this out of me.  The second I start sounding like a jaded, worn-out, world-weary soul wandering about in a dark abyss, (I've been studying for awhile- forgive my obnoxious adjectives) I trust that my friends and family will book me on the first flight back to Texas to regain my ignorance and blissful naivety.

Right, guys?

Anyway, one of my many aspirations in life is to become a domestic goddess.

(Notice how I italicized that? How very domestic of me.)

Obviously, to me this means totally superficial and 50's house wife type things.  Like, for instance,

1. Baking the most beautiful, scrumptious and perfect Red Velvet Cake and sighing in happiness when the cream cheese frosting separating the two layers is the exact right proportion. (It looks easy- but this is actually quite a struggle.)
2. I also want to be able to arrange flowers better than the most famous florist in town.  And I want to grow them.
I mean, really. Don't they look happy?

But, alas- For today, all I have are three tests looming over my head, a can of the world's best baking ingredient (That's Eagle Brand for all you aspiring D.G's) and some biscuits.

Monkey muffins it is!  A feast of the most gooey, buttery, drool worthy treats, all at your disposal in 12 minutes.  A big ol' thanks to my favorite D.G., The Pioneer Woman, for the recipe.

P-Dubs, my friends are I are indebted to you for life.  (Or at least until we can stop making your sinful snacks and button our skinny jeans again.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment