Sunday, May 1, 2011

Maiden Voyage

I have a feeling I will be a terrible blogger.  I say this because of my severe inability to take pictures, edit pictures or share pictures that might have any sort of merit.

You see, I own a camera, a seriously photogenic group of pals (I mean, look at them) and occasion beyond occasion that would make for dah-ling shots, but I just can't seem to whip out the camera often enough.

So I'll work on the whole photo thing.

The reason I am starting this whole blogging venture in the first place is that I am picking up and moving 1500 miles away to Los Angeles in June to pursue my love of all things entertainment, (go ahead, tell me I'm irrational and idealistic) and I hope that I can provide endlessly thrilling details and updates that my mom and maybe a few others will read.  I promise to be completely scatter-brained and meticulously non-witty.

I am going on a preliminary trip out to LA next week, where I will (hopefully!) secure a few internships with casting directors for the summer.  You see, I want to make movie dreams come true.  And watch magical things.  And be with people all day, every day.  Just livin' the dream, you know.  Did I mention I'm an idealist?

So, in my manic excitement, I made a purchase.  In true fashion, I find this purchase to be incredibly emotional and have endless meaning where others see it for what it really is- a necklace.  For me though, it means that I'm really doing this thing, and the closest Texas and the loves of my life will be is resting on my chest (cue cheesy Full House-esque music).  And most of all, it means that we're kinda-sorta all grown up.  Which is weird.  And sad.  And makes my eyes water in a really unpleasant way.

And now I absolutely have to respect the fact that one week of school remains, and if I fail all my classes I'll inevitably end up back at the Graham City Pool this summer instead of living in La-La Land.

And that, my friend, is not ideal.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait the hear all the fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, this is absolutely amazing and I'm so very excited for you! I'm considering moving to LA after I graduate in December. It isn't a sure thing yet, but we will see! I can't wait to read all about your exciting adventures! GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete