Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 3: Love is in the Air

#3: Your first love.

Easy as pie.

I saw Pearl Harbor when I was about 12 years old and I fell in deep, deep love with this film, the score from the film, and most importantly, Josh Hartnett.


It was truly a problem, for a good number of years.  My mom didn't allow to rent the video or, heaven forbid, buy it, because I literally had the thing memorized.  As in, I once spent three hours of a youth trip repeating the film to a group of very, very bored peers.


I bought the soundtrack and listened to it on repeat for approximately 3 years of my life.  True story, when I was 13 I started having to mow the yard every week for my family chore.  (Never mind the fact that my younger sister is very much 13 and still has not had the honor of riding the family lawn mower.  That's a story for a different day though.)

So, in the midst of this lawn mowing, I would listen to the Pearl Harbor soundtrack on repeat.  People, it was like an orchestra.  There were no words.

THIS IS VERY, VERY STRANGE FOR A TWEEN ON A LAWN MOWER.

But I was so incredibly consumed with this story, and the characters, and Josh Hartnett's last pleading words, and my obsession took off.

I would go into fits of panic when I saw his picture- his picture, people, at the store.  I would plead with my mother to rent the movie, but, thank the Lord, she tried to keep a reign on me.

It was true, true love.


And I still don't care what the critics say.

No comments:

Post a Comment