Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 5: A Song to Match your Mood

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I'm a little afraid to admit the song that keeps coming to mind.

Okay, fine, this is a place of free expression and no judgment.

At least, that's what I tell myself on my nuttier days.

So the song is "You and Tequila" by Kenny Chesney.

Now, I would like to point out that neither a person (unless crazy agents are included) or any alcoholic substance is currently making me crazy, as the song implies.

No, but I simply love this song.  It's melodic and calm and peaceful, kinda how I'm feeling now.  It's becoming my new obsessively-stalk-every-radio-station-that-might-possibly-play-the-song kind of song.  I looooooooovvvvvveee it.  I love that it references Mulholland Drive and the getting away from the city lights.  Because I feel like this sometimes.

And Grace Potter's voice is amazing.

Every once in awhile, a song will come along that makes me get my guitar out, get the strings tuned, and play.  And then play and play every song I know and feel like a whole person again.

This song did that for me.

And what else can you really ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment