Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Who do you think you are?

I'm back for Day 2- get excited!

(P.S. I met Stephen Moyer from True Blood exactly 3 minutes ago.  This job is pretty neat sometimes.)

(P.S.S. When I typed that title, I remembered a story that my parents used to tell me that I haven't heard in years.  Apparently at some point when I was a small child I was being rude and "smart alecky" as my mother used to say.  I was also in the bath at said time.  Anyway, my mom asked me, "Who exactly do you think you are, young lady," and I proceeded to stand up in the bathtub, put my hands on my hips and say "I am Lindsay Ann McClendon!")

Guess I had that whole confidence/stand up for yourself thing down.


I probably looked about like this then.  Goodness this photo looks downright vintage.  How old am I again?

Anyway, today's task on my daunting journey of self discovery is to introduce myself, post a recent picture of myself, and 15 interesting facts.

Sounds a little bland to me, but I'll try to keep things spicy.

Introduction:
Hi! If you're new here and don't know me, I guess I'll get some basics out of the way.  I am a recent college grad, living in LA and doing absolutely nothing related to my education.  I work in film casting, which basically means I answer phones all day.  And see the occasional super model.  It's really great for the self-esteem to stand beside Marissa Miller, by the way. Heh.

I like to talk about random things on here, and I like to use metaphors a lot.  And strange sayings that haven't been used in the average vocabulary since the 1970s.  And I love movies.  And TV.  And theatre.


Recent photo:
Confession: I suck at taking pictures.  I try so hard and tote my camera around with me everywhere I go, and I somehow end up with exactly 2 pictures per month.  Therefore, it takes a super-duper special occasion to warrant the use of the camera.  Like for example, my parents popping in to visit me for a night on my dad's company plane.  (I love the fact that my dad works in California.  It means that these visits just might happen at any point.)

You hear me, Dadio?
Here we are, in all our windblown glory.  Good folks, those parents of mine.

15 Interesting Facts:


1. I was once hit by a car.  Not my car, my person.  I had on a bright pink sweatshirt when this incident happened.  I survived.

2. If I had to pick one color of nail polish for the rest of my life, well, I would be devastated, but I would absolutely choose OPI's Vodka and Caviar.  It's the most beautiful, creamy, pure red you've ever seen.  (Is this interesting to anyone other than me?)

3. I was once told that if I was an animal, I'd be a meerkat.  This was the picture that accompanied that statement.
Still don't know how I feel about that one.

4. I am currently a recovering telogen effluvium patient.  Betcha don't know what that is, do ya?  You see, when you have too many surgeries close together (wisdom teeth, foreign object out of foot) and you Google image all of these surgeries beforehand, it causes severe cases of stress.  This stress coupled with anesthesia causes the hair follicles to wave a white flag and poop out.  It's really horrendous.  I am pleased to say, however, that I now have three heads worth of baby hairs coming in.  They stick out in funny directions and some are curly.  I have never had curly hair.  Things could get weird.  I'll be sure to post pics soon.

5. I have little to no peripheral vision.

6. I love chocolate and peanut butter, but I can't eat them together.  The combination makes me sick at my stomach, for some odd ball reason.

7.  I also don't eat fruit.  I will eat bananas and apples, if I must, but I'm sure not going to enjoy it.

8.  I have an uncanny ability for calling stars before they become stars.  You see, as I've mentioned before, I have loved Henry Cavill since I saw his handsome mug gracing my TV screen years ago.  Now he is Superman.  Chris Pine- same story.  Saw him in Princess Diaries, developed a huge crush, and now he is a big deal.  Now I simply have to wonder why no one in this town will pay me for my psychic abilities...

9. I have been stung by flying insects approximately 9 times, plus one scorpion sting.  That one was rough.

10. I want to be the Pioneer Woman.  She is wonderful and fabulous and creates the best recipes. Plus, she inspired this blogging venture, and just yesterday she added an entire "entertainment" section to her blog.  It's like she is reading my mind.  Or maybe she just wants to talk about her project in development from her book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels."

11. The most played stations on my Pandora radio are Mumford and Sons radio and Broadway All Stars radio.  One part of me is so cool, and the other part is just a huge dork.

12. I am inexplicably moved by music videos, music, and even TV commercials.  I have been known to cry while watching the Kardashians, because some silly commercial will come on and break my heart.  Like that one with the missing puppy, and the girl says when the puppy is found, with the most joyful voice, "Sarah, you're home!" Gets me every time.  Who names their dog Sarah, though? Isn't that strange?

13. I am constantly in inner turmoil by the dilemma of having perfect long nails and being able to play my guitar.  The guitar typically wins.

14. One of my favorite parts of being a Californian is the availability of wonderful avocados.  They are everywhere, and they have become a major food group of mine.  This could be a problem...

15. I'm totally not that interesting.


Phew.  See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment