Friday, July 29, 2011

Day # 4: Your Parents

When I told my mom what today's assignment was, she kindly asked me to skip this topic .

Rude, huh?

My parents: Obviously enablers of bad blogging habits.

I really don't know what she is afraid of.  I only blog positive, uplifting and image-improving things... Right?

I'll try to keep it that way today.  And when talking about these folks, there are hardly any negatives.

My parents are great.  I've been incredibly blessed to grow up under their care and wisdom.  They have provided an incredible example of a marriage that I hope to be able to repeat one day.  They never fail to entertain, support, love and advise.

And act nutty and make me laugh 'til I cry.

Things I've learned from my Mom:
How to be the best hostess (gardener, chef, entertainer) I could ever hope to be.
How to follow my dreams.
How to groom my own nails when I simply can't make it to the salon.
How to laugh at myself.
How to be look at the world as half-full.
How to ripen an avocado in one day flat.
How to feel compassion.
How to have no enemies.
How to love.

Things I've leaned from my Dad:
How to drive a car and a boat (at 13 years old.)
How to work for what you want.
How to throw like a boy.
How to do math.
How to be a leader.
How to snow ski like a boy. (I'm noticing a trend here...)
How to encourage.
How to tell jokes. (This one is a bit alarming.)
How to know what is important in life.


Mamasita and Dadio- I love you all more than you know.  For letting me move to California and act like a crazy dreamer.  For reading my blog.  And for not getting mad when I did this to my car mirror...

and blamed it on my lack of peripheral vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment