Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Off to La La Land

It is 10:55.  I just walked in my front door for the first time since 9:00 am this morning.

I've said it once and I'll say it again- this whole working thing is for the birds.

Speaking of birds, a very large one (must have been a vulture... gag) decided to... um, relieve himself all over my head today.  True story.  On the day I choose to wear my one dry clean item, a light blue silky blouse, and this luck comes upon me.  They say it is luck, I say it is horrifying and a great way to ruin one's hair.

Moving on... I almost forgot to stick to my challenge.  This is why I could never diet.  I'd simply forget that I wasn't supposed to have that caramel napoleon that I just had to pick up yesterday, and I'd ruin my diet every day.  

Like I do now.

Really though, when presented with something this beautiful, one does not say no.  At least, I don't say no.

Alas, here I am, to thrill and excite with more musings.  Today's assignment is to describe my blog name, so here goes.

I decided to move to LA somewhere around April, because of all kinds of serendipitous events and answered prayers.  I knew that I needed some way to keep in touch with all my lovelies back in Texas and decided to start blogging.  I'm pretty sure that "Live from La La Land" came to me in a vision, but the inspiration was that "LIVE" was supposed to be said like Ryan Seacrest would say it.  You know, ".........We're LLIIIIIIVVVVEEE from..." blah blah blah. 

And La La Land is just all too convenient, because  obviously L-A spells "La" and La La Land has always been code for "sleep" to me, and sleep is so closely related to dreams, and dreams are so closely related to a lack of a grip on reality, and a lack of a grip on reality is just totally LA.  

In other news, I saw an advance screening of Cowboys & Aliens tonight, and I have to say- I was pleasantly surprised.  For someone who thought Stephen Spielberg was pranking me when I first heard of this film, it managed to make me laugh, cry and totally cringe at the heinous special effects. 

Not a bad flick.

Until next next time... which will be tomorrow.  

Yes! Look at me go with my consistency!


No comments:

Post a Comment