Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back to Life

...Hopefully I will be by this weekend, at least.

I have started my new job!  It is wonderful and crazy and busy and confusing and funny and satisfying.  I also work pretty long hours, like about 11 a day.  That's why I've been completely MIA from the Blogosphere, because whenever I have a free moment of any sort I usually go to the store and buy foods that I shouldn't eat and devour them.

Speaking of, have you all ever had a Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie?  If not, whatever you do- DON'T start now.  Because they are really divine.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't like vegetables.

Here's how this misadventure began.  I left work at 8:00 pm, running on one bowl of cereal, two cups of coffee, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the day.  I was hungry.  So when I overheard a young couple commenting on how many pot pies they could fit in their cart, I had to inquire.  "So the pot pies are good, you say?"  The accolades for the pot pie for so vehement that I caved and threw the darn thing in my basket.  "Just don't look at the nutrition facts," they warned as I wheeled away.  Whatever, I mentally said, I have worked hard today.

Now, it is important we don't confuse "working" with "working out," which unfortunately seems to be the first thing to go when time is scarce.  Whoops.

So imagine my surprise when I got around to reading the nutrition facts on this baby... I can feel my heart closing up now... THIRTY EIGHT grams of fat.  38 folks.  (I'm not sure whether words or numerals better express my disgust.  And about 700 calories... Holy guacamole.  And speaking of guacamole, I'm guessing these weren't "good" fats, a la avocados.

Oy vey.


It was so delicious though, I totally forgot about the disgraceful nutritional value.  Or maybe I was delirious from lack of sleep...

Either way, I'm just bopping along in life.  I have a trip to Texas planned for less than two weeks away (YIPEE SKIPEE DOO DA!) and I'm actually getting paid for all my hard work.

I've reached the pinnacle folks.  It's gotta be all downhill from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment