Thursday, September 29, 2011

Burning the Midnight Oil

My life is a dizzying array of traffic, homemade iced coffee, Home Depot runs, Yogurtland and television.  If you think this sounds pathetic, well, I might agree with you.

But please, withhold the judgment and let me justify each element of my life.  Please.

Traffic...

This is a given.  If you've spent any amount of time at all in SoCal, you understand.  My dad likes to refer to the highways of Los Angeles as the "world's largest parking lot" and I'm sad to report that he is correct from the hours of 7am - 11 am, and 3 pm - 8 pm.  If you're calculating you'll realize that this leaves almost zero useable time in the day to do much of anything.

Oy, vey.

(Also, I've taken a liking to Jewish phrases.  Happy Rosh Hashana, folks!  All Californian children are off school today, how did we miss out in that in Texas?)

Homemade iced coffee:

This stuff is a Godsend.  Seriously, I would not have the time or money to keep my caffeine IV running without the embarrassingly large pitcher that always lives in the forefront of my fridge.  (Whoa, was that a run-on sentence? More coffee, please)  I'll post an easy breezy recipe (complete with pictures- what a concept!) soon.  You have to do this.

Home Depot:

How I loathe this joint.  First of all, it's ginormous.  It can take me 10 full minutes to cross the store, and I move at a pretty fast pace for all of my 5 feet, 2 and a quarter inches.  In addition, I am only good at home renovation projects when they involve wheelchair ramps or drill guns.  Wheelchair ramps because I build one every summer for about 7 years and drill guns because they are fun.  And I think at some point in my life I used one with my Dad on a swing set.

Needless to say, the Home Depot is not my friend.  And yet I go almost every day.  Heavens to Betsy.

Yogurtland:
Have you all tried this place? You need to, stat.  If only for the joy of getting to put little pink and white frosted animal cookies all over your yogurt.  What is it about these cookies, by the way? They are so stinking delicious, and the they must be made up of nothing more than sugar and water.  My mom commented to me after looking over my bank statement that Yogurtland seemed to be a regular fixture in my life, and to this I have no rebuttal.  I've traded yogurt for Sonic diet cokes.  This could actually end badly, now that I think about it...


And last, but certainly not least- the glorified television.  I'm typically not this lame (am I?) but it is premiere week(s) for Pete's sake.  Therefore my sweet rooms and I have stacked up our DVR to capacity with everything from Hart of Dixie (charming, but how in the world is Rachel Bilson successful?) to Awkward (Also known as the Best New Show No One has Seen) to The Vampire Diaries (Still the most shocking 44 minutes of my week) and everything in between.  Need a new television obsession?  Just say the word.  I've successfully hooked my family on Friday Night Lights (Don't even get me started...) and I can do the same for you.


As Sadie from Awkward would say, "You're welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment