Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Less Lonely Girl

I met the Biebs tonight.

Er, I saw the Biebs tonight, less than a car length away from me.

I have had a few requests for details- so here you go.

I have to say, in all of my celebrity encounters thus far, I have stayed calm and cool and acted like I don't give a pretty penny that I frequently see them in People magazine. Ha.

That all changed tonight.  I was attending my regular Sunday night family dinner with my dear Chi-O buddy and her fam, and as my friend and I were pulling into the gate, a taupe colored Mercedes was coming out.  We politely reversed a bit, and the other car waved us through.

And then the world stopped, because sitting in the passenger seat of that Mercedes was the one and only Biebs.
He looked like this, wearing the loony nerd glasses and all.  And sitting casually there, just minding his own business.

And a strange thing happened... It took me a moment to realize who he was.  I saw him, and thought to myself, "Oh, there's Justin Bieber."

And then a split-second later, I was slapping my friend's arm and hyperventilating and whipping out my phone at lightening speed in order to call my 13 year old sister and make her drool with jealousy.

(It worked, by the way.)

It took me a good five minutes to contain myself to the point that I could participate in normal social conversation.  And I kept finding myself smiling at the memory.

Pathetic? Perhaps.  Star struck? Definitely.

Ashamed?

Never say never.

No comments:

Post a Comment