Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Challenge Schmallenge

I'm over this whole 30 Day Challenge Business.

Can you tell?  Here's the deal.  I'm not excited about the posts that are supposed to be next on my agenda.  I don't feel like I can be clever or charming or funny using these ideas as inspiration.  And the truth is that I think of things to talk about every day that would be more fun than this challenge junk.

So I'm giving up.  No, I'm seceding from the challenge.  (How can I word this so that I don't sound like a flake?)

And I hope in this pursuit to be more interesting than this challenge was allowing me to be.

So I'm back! Unbound by restrictions or obligations.

First thing I want to tell you about is my apartment.  I am obsessed with it and it gets cuter by the day.

(If you want to see the live-action view, let me know.  I'm really into Skype lately.)

Here's what has happened lately:

We have a whole living area.  I'm currently too busy using the couch to take a photo, so you'll just have to wait on that one.  Soon we will even have curtains.  Imagine that.

But wait!  We have an entire dining area.  It was created in the minds of my sweet rooms and myself, and came together piece by piece.  It is really quite astounding that it turned out so beautiful.


Yes, those are palm trees in the background.  Welcome to California.

A little tidbit about us- we are in love with the zebra rug.  In. Love. Last night I had an incident with some slightly-burning bacon wrapped jalapenos, and for a moment when I though we might have to evacuate, I remember thinking, "We have to take the rug."  It is of the upmost importance to us.

Also, I am now a home improvement expert.

I found stools for free, they were ugly, I made them... less ugly.

That's the best I can do.

We started here.

U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi, you ugly.  AND this is the picture without the other mismatched stool.

So I bought some spray paint and went to work.


Well, at least the legs are the same color.

Then I surveyed the damage...


Word to the wise: When spray painting something close to the ground, be sure to cover the entire surface area.  Otherwise you will end up with a geometric design on your balcony.  Oops.

Then I got to work with the staple gun.


And made up how to staple fabric onto a chair.  I think next time I would be a bit more careful.  Or maybe Google it.

Here's why.  I ended up with this.


Do me a favor and don't look too closely at the draping of the fabric.  And for heaven's sake, if you come visit, please, for the love, don't turn the chairs upside down.

It's like a war zone.  I am no pro with a staple gun.

But I can bake.



It's a good thing, too, because we had a certified party last night.  All in honor of Bachelor Pad.

Did I really just type that?  What is this world coming to?



No comments:

Post a Comment