Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 8: Roam if You Want to... Roam Around the World...

(Is that song supposed to be "roam" as in, "wander aimlessly" or "Rome" as in, "When in Rome?")

Did I lose you there? I don't know, I just like that song because it makes me feel like I am in an MK&A movie.

Anyway, let's just go ahead and talk about the fact that I skipped not one, but TWO days of blogging.  In terms of the Blogger Challenge, I failed.

Let's just all say it together and get it out of our systems.  I failed.  I failed.  I failed.

Whew.  Glad we crossed that bridge.

So... Traveling.  I love to travel.  I love to see things that I've only ever seen in pictures, I love to visit places I've read about, and learn about different people.  It's incredibly humbling to see parts of the world you've never even known about.  Like standing on the edge of the ocean, and feeling so insignificant and yet so integral in this crazy world.

Okay, enough with the delusions of grandeur already, right?  The cold hard truth is that I really haven't done that much traveling in my life... for one reason or another.  Perhaps this is because every opportunity I have to go somewhere, I end up coming back to La La Land.  Who knows.

However, I did take one amazing trip to England and Ireland when I was in high school.  It was an incredible two weeks, and I am consistently glad I went on this trip.  We visited the Tower of London and the Blarney Stone, and basically hit all the tourist spots in between on the journey.  It was incredible.  Here are some pics I dug up of the trip.

Please ignore all clothing choices.  Please.  We didn't know any better...



 Seriously though, what were we thinking with those khaki capri pants?
 There you have it, folks.  The extent of my worldly travels.

Honestly, the saddest part of this whole ordeal is that The Tudors hadn't aired yet, and so I couldn't impose my incredibly historically false accounts of English history stories onto the places I visited.  I had to just read the factually correct but somewhat bland pamphlets.

And trust me, after you've seen The Tudors, anything is bland in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment