Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 13, 14, 15, 16... I suck.

I know, I know.  My real life is just too darn exciting.  Actually, the excitement comes and goes, but the business is pretty stinking constant.  I don't know how these working people do it.  I hardly manage to shave my legs once a week.

Too much?

Excuses, excuses right?  Okay here goes.  I am going to attempt to catch up on the vast number of days I missed.  Oh and gonna go ahead and call a time out for next Wednesday-Sunday.  I will definitely, 100% be gone and blog-free for those days, because my sweet family is coming to visit and I have better things to do than entertain them via the Internet.  Like entertain them in person.  Ha.  Get excited for that one, McClendons!




Day 13: Goals

I'm going to keep it short and simple here.

I want to be happy.  I want to be surrounded by people that make me want to be a better person.  I want to show people the love of Christ through my life.  I want to create things that make people smile, whether it's a film or just a really pretty cake.  And I want to laugh so much that I have premature crows-feet around my eyes.  (Whoopsie-daisy, already accomplished that one. Sheesh.)




Day 14: Picture of Yourself Last Year- how have you changed?
I don't really know why I chose this photo, other than the face that it was about a year ago and I really miss all these folks.  And I had hair.  If you don't get this, then you must be new.  I talk about this embarrassing physical deformity often.  It helps me deal.

Physically speaking, that is the only real physical change I've undergone. In the last 5 years.  Apparently I factor out to around 17 when people guess my age.  Cool.




Day 15: Bible Verse


Oh heavens, where to begin?  I have some all time favorites, but then there are those that just are so divinely placed in life it knocks your socks off.

I guess I'll go with the verse that was all over my mind (and radio) today.  I listen to "The Message" in the morning on my way to work almost every morning.  Sometimes Christian radio annoys me to no end (and I mean that in the best possible way, by the way) but sometimes it's really wonderful.  I wasn't super excited about work today and was wondering how I'd deal with some of the junk I get to deal with every day and I heard "Strong Enough" by Matthew West.  And I started belting out "I can do all things... Through Christ who gives me strength..." all the way down Hollywood Blvd. It was wonderful and all through the day when I whenever I was annoyed and frustrated I would hear that chorus over and over in my head.

So there.  Philippians 4:13.  Call it a cliche.  Call it whatever you want, it's a great verse.  Nothing is too big for the Lord of Creation to deal with.  And I don't have to be strong enough.  And that is an incredible truth.




Day 16: Dream House


I have to say again, oh heavens... where to begin?

So, I'm going to admit something about myself (again) that might be somewhat embarrassing.  I seem to be using this forum as a confessional for stupid things about myself.  I will say, (again,) I should stop this behavior.

Oh, what the heck.  This little beauty is one of my favorite websites.

I dare you to try to spend only 5 minutes on here:  Hooked on Houses.

Some highlights from my (many) hours of browsing...


I could just die in this living room from "Something's Gotta Give."  It makes me really, really happy.

I also totally love Cameron Diaz' house from "The Holiday." Don't even pretend you weren't watching the house more than the characters.  Oh, you were?  Guess I should go back and watch it again.


This is a hotel in Santa Monica that I am totally in love with.  I am totally going to go someday.  Wonder if they gave free room tours?

So, I guess if you combined all of the above that might create something like a "dream home" to me.  I am from Texas though and will probably end up with something closer to this.


Guess that's not too shabby, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment