Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Gaga Never Hurt Anyone

**COMMENT AS OF 2:27 FRIDAY:  I was just informed by a dear friend that the video embedded below is... well, perhaps less than appropriate.  I apologize for this oversight, and can only excuse my behavior by saying that I haven't exactly watched the whole thing.  Sorry.  You see, I usually just put this on in my bathroom as I get ready in the morning.  So do like me, turn it on, and then stop watching.
Just listen.

**COMMENT AS OF 2:39 FRIDAY:  Woah.  She wasn't kidding.  This is kind of disturbing.  Really, please don't watch the video.  And please don't judge me.


I have a confession.

I am totally, 100% obsessed, in love, infatuated with, and consumed with Gaga's new song "You and I."

(Yes, I realize that I left off those two strange Dutch or Finnish or whatever marks about the "u" in "You." I don't know how to type that biz and I don't understand Gaga's creative desire to put them there.  Sue me.)

I also finally looked up the lyrics and realized that the "You" in this song is referred to as "Nebraska" by Ms. Germanotti.  And then I read the line that says "There's only three men I'm going to serve my whole life... That's my Daddy and Nebraska and Jesus Christ" which made me feel like a gajillion times better because all this time I'd thought she was saying the three men were "The Dalai (as in Lama?) and the Rasta (wasn't sure about this one, but that didn't stop me from singing it) and Jesus Christ."

So, despite the fact that I have absolutely zero affection for Nebraska, I certainly do for my Daddy, and I now love this song exponentially more.  Don't have to sing about that Rasta fella either.  What a relief.

Anyway, I stalk the radio stations for this song like I used to do for "Who Says."  And let me tell you what... I never win the battle against this song.  It is the most elusive Gaga song to ever come around.  (Even more elusive than "Speechless," which up until this point was my fave.

So today, after 9 hours of work and 2 hours of dining room table pick-up and installation (done by yours truly- pictures to come) when I turned my radio to Top 20 and heard "This time I'm not leaving without you..." I almost died of excitement.  Don't judge, I've been looking for this song on the radio for about 8 days now.

And then I heard the worst thing ever... Ryan Seacrest's voice welcoming me back to the Top 20 Countdown.  That trickster Gaga ends the song in the exact same way she begins it.

So, just like a normal 22 year old would react, I shouted really embarrassingly loudly, "NO! YOU SUCK!" and slammed my little fist on my armrest in a fit of rage.

If anyone saw that, I hope I made their entire night.

Here's the vid, which is weird and awesome and... weird.  But it's Gaga.

Totally worth the $1.29 it would cost to buy it on iTunes, but that is just way too logical of a solution to my problem.

So I will continue to stalk the radio stations in fruitless pursuit of this dang song.

Bring it on, Seacrest.


No comments:

Post a Comment