Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 18: Favorite Place to Eat

**Disclaimer: I would like to apologize for my utter and complete abandonment of my blog and 30 Day Challenge.  As many of you have noted, my 30 Days seem to be turning into something close to... well, probably close to 50.  Shame on me.  I know.  Working on finishing strong.  Working on making it to work every day too.  And now boot camp.  Oy vey.


Man, this is tough.  Especially since I live in LA, widely known to have some of the best food in America. At least thats what I like to tell myself when I notice my jeans are super-duper snug.  Ugh.  Blame it on the pasta.

Which brings me to my next topic- pasta.  I never knew I was such a fan of Italian.  This is probably due to the fact that Mexican food in Austin, TX is basically to-die-for and I ate it about 90% of the time I went out to eat.  Sorry bout it.

But alas, Mexican food doesn't exist in Los Angeles.  At least it doesn't exist in the sense I would like it to, which is greasy and spicy and smothered in cheese.

...What?

So I have ventured out of my comfort food box into a world of possibilities in the form of food from Italia.  And let me tell you... if there is one thing that LA does well, it's Italian.

Let me introduce you to Il Pastaio.  A lovely little gem on a quiet corner in Beverly Hills with pasta that will make you melt.  The pasta is all hand-cut in the kitchen and the flavors are incredible.  My sweet rooms introduced me to this little joint and I have now made it part of my weekly routine.  Okay, I've gone twice, but whatever.

Trust me on this one... next time you're in LA, just do it.  You're likely to see a celeb or two wandering around, because even they can't resist this place.

Oh, yeah.  These folks have a ton of wine, too.  Like... a ton.

What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment