Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 7: Favorite Movies

This could get out of hand.  But ah-ha! I found a loophole to my dilemma of having sooo much to say and only about 15 more minutes of consciousness in my day.

Here goes: I apparently picked a sucky 30-Day Challenge because guess what... Favorite movie is listed not once, but twice!  Now technically Day 7 is described as "Favorite Movie," as in singular, while Day 23 is "Favorite Movies" but we're going to do a convenient little switcheroo and pretend it's all hunky dory.

Wow, I'm full of strange words tonight, aren't I?

Anyway, I figured I'd start with something really melodramatic and sappy and totally un-critically acclaimed, cause I'm just like that sometimes.

(I should also point out that I'm listening to the score to this particular film as I type and that is sure to heighten my emotions.)

Legends of the Fall.  I mean, just the title... come on.

It's bound to be tragic.  I really don't know why I love this movie so much.  It's seriously depressing.  As in, like the most horrifying, weepy story you've ever heard in your life.  But I'd watch it once a month for the rest of my life.

Could have a little something to do with this fine fella...


(Brad, you were rockin' some fine hair circa 1994.  Dang, boy!)

All I know is that this movie touches something in me.  Maybe it's the rugged frontier or the bonds of brotherhood (which I know nothing about, by the way) or the heartbreaking state of poor, poor Tristan's soul, or maybe I just like a good cry every once in awhile, and this flick always delivers on that front.

Do yourself a favor- next time you have a quiet night in, Netflix this baby.  I promise you'll hate it and think it's the most depressing and awful thing ever.

And then you can think of me, and remember to never take my movie advice.

Good news coming from someone working in entertainment, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment