Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home Improvement Update

**We now take a break from our regular programming to bring you this important message.

I have an apartment.  A really big, white, stark space that needs love and comfort and warmth.  And I am no interior designer.  Basically my strategy is to find pictures of random hotels or homes that I love online and try to replicate them down to the last detail.  Here is one of my inspirations... Take a look and try not to fall in love.  It's like my happy place.

Shutters on the Beach

Anyway, since I am decorating on a dime and I don't have wondrous creamy almond colored walls, I've had to look elsewhere.  I did find some hydrangeas though.

Here is the decent looking side of our living area.  We have life, people.  And a coffee table, a TV and an orchid.  What more do you need, really?  Well, some curtains might help...

This is my bedroom.  Its coming together, slowly but surely.  My bed is super comfy, and I'm a little bit in love with the lamp on the left.  I think it's a masterpiece.  I got it at T.J. Maxx.


I also have curtains that are a foot too short and frames that don't have pictures in them.  It's a work in progress.
Most importantly, I have flowers everywhere.  Luckily, I am a wedding planner assistant on the weekends and get to keep the leftover florals.  Here is what last week's wedding provided us...
A sweet little arrangement for my sweet little roomie's room.
A kitchen arrangement.
And hydrangeas and roses for my room.  I'm in love.

Shoutout to my friend Hills who is peeking into the back of this pic.  Love you Hill!


That's all she wrote, folks.  I'll be sure to update when we have, oh I don't know, like a kitchen table.  Or a sofa.

That will be the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment