Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 10: Something You're Afraid Of

I really, really try to live my life free from fear.  I feel like fear is a hindrance and a safety net and a box.

And someone told me years ago to not live in a box.  This same person then repeatedly shouted whenever she was feeling restricted, "Don't put me in a box!"

Does this all make any sense?

I think what I'm trying to say is I'm afraid of fear.  And I guess with that comes disappointment and regret.

I'm afraid of looking back and realizing I didn't take chances or make memories or touch someone because of the fear that I might fail, or I might be disappointed by the outcome.  Because what kind of life is that?

I guess that's why I'm living in this crazy world where I don't know what I'm looking for and I don't have a plan and I don't even know where to look to find these things.

Because at the end of the day, at the end of my life (morbid?) I will never regret trying.

*Sorry for the lack of visual examples, I thought and thought and came up blank.  It's the weekend, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment